Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day At Teddy Bear Cove

Mother Nature decided to bless us with a beautiful blue-sky day for Mother's Day. A perfect day for a hike....
The kids and I drove to the Chuckanuts and hiked down to Teddy Bear Cove.
It was a lovely hike, down through the ferns and lush forest.
And our reward.... a secluded, beautiful cove.
We had the cove to ourselves for almost two hours. We walked the shore, looked for marine life, dug in the sand. It was lovely.
Real sand! What a treat, when you live in the Pacific Northwest.


After a picnic lunch, we made a short climb to the overlook.
Okay, I've made fun of Alice's weird fingers and Henry's weird elbows. Apparently the elbow thing is hereditary. Oh well - pretty good pic for a tripod photo on a rocky, steep ledge.
A beautiful view of the San Juans.
We then made our way back down to another beach - I guess it was still part of Teddy Bear Cove.
If you ask Henry and Alice, they'll tell you it's a worthwhile beach as long as you can find...
Tons and tons of beach crabs.
I had a beautiful Mother's Day outing with the two people I love most in the world. I'm so blessed to be their mother.

No comments: