Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bobcat Badge

Disclaimer - these are lousy photos.
Excuses - bad lighting, my camera battery died after the first 2 photos and I had to borrow my friend's camera, apparently someone sneezed on the lens, lots of red eye, and no amount of Photoshop editing can make these photos better.
Bummer. But how can I not document Henry's first Cub Scout awards ceremony?
My advice - look at these photos with your eyes slightly squinty, and maybe they won't look so bad.

Henry received a whole bunch of Tiger Track beads for completing various electives. He got 5 white beads, 3 orange, and 2 black.

Lots of excitement around the whole Awards Ceremony.

Then it was on to the Bobcat Badge ceremony. Henry completed all the requirements for the Bobcat when he recited the Cub Scout Promise, the Law of the Pack, the Cub Scout motto, and the meaning of Webelos; demonstrated the Cub Scout Handshake; and gave the Cub Scout Salute. What an accomplishment! Dan, as Henry's partner in Cub Scouts, got to paint various colors on Henry's face to signify the Bobcat accomplishment.
We're so proud!

2 comments:

Melinda Cool said...

When I said "someone must've sneezed on the lens," I meant it in a figurative sense. Whoops! All better now, though. Congrats, Bobcat Mom!

Leslie Parks said...

Congrats Henry. You are on your way. I'm sure Eagle scout will be no problem! :)