Earlier this Fall, Alice impressed us with her ability to hike up a fairly difficult mountain trail (at least for a 4 yr old and 2 adults - it was not so difficult for our 6 yr old!). Today she surprised us with her ability to ride her bike at the zoo. We've been going to this zoo for many years and one of the coolest things about this particular zoo is that they encourage people to ride bikes/scooters around their beautiful paths. Henry has been zooming around for years. But today was the very first day that we were brave enough for all 4 of us to bring our bikes. I was very tempted to throw in the bike trailer just in case she got tired/whiny - but no need. She biked the whole time, up hills, down hills, pointing out her favorite animals, and having a grand ole time.

Henry was patient with our slow pace.
I just realized that this photo makes it look like I shaved my head. Never fear - my hair was just in a ponytail.
Alice's favorite animals today were the flamingos. Usually the zebras get her vote. 
Capybaras. Can't help but think of an R.O.U.S. (Rodent Of Unusual Size) from The Princess Bride every time I see them.
My very own high school mascot. Go Camels! Hump, hump, hump.
Shadow the Grizzly. We don't always see her as she likes to hide behind the many rocks/trees/bushes in her enclosure. But today she was out and about.
A new addition to the zoo - an Arctic Fox. So cute.
Back at the car. Alice was worn out!
And I wonder where Henry got the habit of sticking out his tongue when doing a task?
No comments:
Post a Comment