Dads allow kids to get away with things which Moms might not. Such as making an entire living room in to one big fort.
At our house, the kids love it when I go out and leave them home with Dan. A typical response is: "Woo hoo! That means we get to eat candy and stay up late!"
It is true. The relationship that the kids have with me is very different than the one with Dan.
For example... in the evening, I enjoy snuggling on the couch with the kids. Dan? He's good with some rough-housing. It's always fun to witness these evening wrestling matches. Tonight, all Dan had to do was sit there and the kids were all over him. Wrestling, jumping, bending his arms... A lot of energy was spent this evening.


1 comment:
OMG -- that's exactly what my front hall looks like right now. I can't take it! they are a veritible HIVE of activity. And, what's not so good for me: they have tomorrow off...
ack!
I think parents in S. California have it easier...
;)
Post a Comment