It must be Spring!
It was also the 2nd day of Raven's Edge which was the last day of ski season. If I could have left Alice home, I would have gone with Henry. But, circumstances being what they are, I was thrilled when some good friends offered to take Henry up to the race today so that Alice and I could stay home. One day out of a two day weekend is about all Alice can handle up at the ski hill. This day at home gave Alice and me a full day to relax, get caught up on household chores, work in the yard, and play with Alice's best friend, Cora.
The girls and I went to the pond and had a great time. They collected "nature items" for their "nature soup" and had fun exploring the path around the pond.
It's fun to see these two friends together.
It was a beautiful afternoon.
Henry's friends brought him home and we heard about the race. He missed a gate and took fourth. No medal. Bummer. However, I'm very proud of him. Gavin, one of the coaches, told me that Henry missed a gate, stopped himself, hiked back up the steep course and went through the gate again. He could have just finished the race without that gate and he would have been disqualified - but he didn't do that. He knew the second he missed it and was able to stop, hike back, and complete the run. On his first run of the day, his time was 36 seconds. His second run, with the missed gate, was 48 seconds. That extra 12 seconds cost him a medal but Dan and I are super proud that he finished the race.
And, regardless of the outcome, he had a good day. He came home happy on the last day of the ski season.
UPDATE: The official results are in.
Henry's total time with 2 runs on Saturday was: 1.22.5.
Total time with 2 runs (and a missed gate) on Sunday was: 1.24.82.
When I see those numbers, I think I'm even prouder of my boy and his Sunday performance.






No comments:
Post a Comment