Monday, May 23, 2011

Bridging To Brownies

Today marked the end of Alice's 2nd year as a Daisy Girl Scout and the beginning of her next adventure as a Brownie Girl Scout.    As Daisy Girl Scouts, my troop learned about the Girl Scout Promise, they experienced the meaning behind the ten parts of the Girl Scout Law, they built friendships, and had a lot of fun along the way.

On this beautiful sunny afternoon, the girls went through a bridging ceremony - from Daisy to Brownie.  As the leader, I was otherwise engaged with the ceremony and wasn't able to take photos, so I only got a couple that Henry took for us.   There goes Alice, across the bridge.
 And, there's our group of Brownies.
 I wish I would have gotten a better photo of the troop and of Alice during the ceremony, but we'll make do with Alice's final Daisy vest, once we got home.
So many good memories from earning these patches over the past two years.
I'm really excited about all the fun we'll have as Brownies. We'll build activities around the Try Its, go on a Brownie Quest, discover the Wonders of Water, and delve into A World of Girls. Sounds like a great adventure to me!

1 comment:

Aunt Elise said...

Way to go Alice (and Michelle)! That is a big deal. It so obviously enriched your lives together, which is so much of the point, after all. Such a perfect day for the ceremony. I wouldn't know what to do with all that sun!