For Mother's Day, Alice made "monkey bread" and it was delicious. She also gave me some beautiful flowers and Henry gave me a butterfly magnet for the refrigerator.
As soon as breakfast was over, both kids jumped up and left the table. I asked if anyone was going to clean off the table for me for Mother's Day. Henry said, "Mom, I ate so much that if I come over and clean off the table I'm gonna throw up. And then you'd have to clean that up and I wouldn't want you to have to do that on Mother's Day."
Right after that, I made him come over and clean off the table.
Although we had great plans for a picnic and a bike ride on Hertz Trail, the dark, heavy clouds looked like they could break open with a downpour at any second. So, we stayed home most of the day and I gardened. After mowing the lawn and doing a little weeding, I got super motivated. Motivated enough to tear apart this front flower garden! I removed every last rock that we have carted back from the beach for the last seven years (quite the pile!). Alice helped me wash them off. Then I moved the big rocks around and added a bunch of garden soil to even out the previously sloping garden. The plan is that we're having wood chips delivered end of this week - once I spread the wood chips in all the garden areas, then we'll replace all our treasured beach rocks. This might not look like a big project, but trust me - Alice and I worked hard. Henry rode his bike and played Wii.

Then I got even more motivated... I weed whacked! For the very first time in my life, I weed whacked. And let me tell ya, we have a lot of fence and a lot of garden areas that have to be whacked. Turns out, I really can do anything.
After this productive afternoon, it was time to get away from the house and enjoy the almost-nice day. The once threatening clouds started to clear and the kids and I headed for the beach.
Who are these kids?
Oh, that's right. They're mine.
We had fun wading in the water, finding shells, and checking out the tide pools.
The only reason I hate Henry's glasses? Glare.
That's better.
My boy loves to turn over rocks.
Somehow, Henry managed to skip shells - he made it up to five skips. Then he gave me a little background on surface tension.
A nice Mother's Day with my kiddos.
Even Mother Nature cooperated.
1 comment:
Michelle, have Henry slightly tip his glasses so that the end of the ear thing isn't resting on his ear but up on his head. His glasses will tip slightly downward and you'll reduce or even get rid of the glare and have a cute photo with Henry wearing his very in style glasses.
Post a Comment