Thursday, July 31, 2008

I've Been Blog-Tagged!

Who knew you could have so much fun with a blog? My friend Melinda "blog-tagged" me. The idea is to take pictures of all the following things, without cleaning up, wiping down, or hiding things first. My friends give me grief about keeping a pretty clean house, so (I say with modesty) - I didn't have to clean, wipe down, or hide - or at least not much. You can hate me - it's okay. Here we are, in all our glory!

1. The Fridge. Notice how bare it is. We just returned from camping and I really need to go shopping. We can't survive on Mike's Hard Lemonade, creme soda, condiments, and leftover potato salad!

2. My Closet. "A thing for everything and everything in it's place" I always say. Ha, ha...

3. Self Portrait. These are always fun. At least I don't have a double chin in this one.

4. Favorite Room. Without a doubt - my bedroom (Oops! Sorry Dan - our bedroom). This is the one room in the house where the kids can not bring any toys or leave behind anything of themselves (clothes, stuffed animals, hair clips, Hot Wheels, Barbies, marbles, princess clothes, etc...). And this is where I do all my reading.

5. Kitchen Sink. I keep a pretty tidy sink. Love my dishwasher. Can you believe I survived my entire previous adult life - before moving to this house - without one? On the window sill are all my rocks and shells that the kids and I collect at the beach. Only the special ones get to go in the window. Others have to go outside in our rock garden. Picky, aren't I?

6. Laundry Room. Love my high capacity washer/dryer! Can't remember life before we had them...

7. Toilet. What's there to say?

8. What the Kids were doing at that Moment. Begging for food. What else? All afternoon I hear, "can I have an otter pop? can I have a gogurt? can I have a cracker? can I have? can I have?" I cut them off at 4pm so they'll eat some dinner! And this shows the messiest room in the house - where the toys are! See - I didn't pick up.

9. Dream Vacation. Okay, so I didn't take this photo this afternoon! But oh well. This is the Star Clipper - the sailing ship we went on in the Carribean (the year before getting pregnant with Henry). It was heaven.. Someday we'll be back. My alternate dream vacation would be Hawaii - have never been, so that's my dream...

10. My Favorite Shoes. I'm quite proud of my purple Keen sandles that I just got. Love them. But my all-time favorites have to be my Birks. Don't they look well-loved?

And the blog-tag continues. Leslie and Tracy - you're up!

No comments: