Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Something Happened

This past weekend, Alice and Henry - mostly Alice - built an elaborate fort in the family room. A card table, some clamps from Dan's tool box, and about 10 blankets. Alice has loved it and spent lots of time under the fort which is still standing today. During the building of the fort Dan and I were upstairs. After awhile, Alice came up to say "Mom, something happened." When I asked what that might be, she described that "something" had happened to the lamp. I envisioned that it had tipped over. Maybe it had knocked the light bulb just so and now it didn't work and I needed to replace the bulb. But no. I was wrong. This is what happened.
Guess I need to get a new lampshade. The sacrifices we make for tents in the house. Lucky for me that I didn't really like that lampshade very much anyway.

No comments: