Today was the big ski race up at Mt. Baker, marking the end of this season's ski lessons for Henry. All 4 of us were prepared to go up for the event, but Alice and I were fighting a nasty virus this weekend and ended up staying home (which I'm glad we did - Dan said it was pouring rain up there and miserable conditions the whole day). I couldn't wait for Dan and Henry to get home and tell us about the race.
Last year Henry took 1st place in his group and this year he headed up there feeling pretty confident. But alas, he wiped out on one of the gates. When Dan told me that Henry took 3rd, I was dreading seeing him. He's a competitive boy and doesn't always take it in stride when he's not 1st. But my boy walked in the door, proudly held up his 3rd place medal and said "Mom, I wiped out..." And he was okay with it.

Henry enjoyed his teammates this year, Jack and Zoe.


No comments:
Post a Comment