Tradition. There's a whole lot of that when you're involved with Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts. Tonight was the annual Blue and Gold Dinner - this tradition has been around for Boy Scouts since 1943 and is the event held to celebrate the birthday of Scouting. We enjoyed a potluck dinner and the chance to watch members of the different packs receive awards for their achievements.
I'm so glad that Henry loves Scouts.

Several of the packs got up and performed short skits. Henry's pack spoke about the states in the Eastern Time Zone. I wish I could describe more about why in the world they did that, but honestly, I have no idea. Henry had New York.
Then it was time for the awards. Henry received belt loops for bicycling, basketball, swimming, and skiing. Also a pin for skiing, 4 badges, and quite a few beads. He was thrilled.

It was neat seeing all the other awards given out to the Scouts. Henry enjoyed the evening.
Then it was time for the awards. Henry received belt loops for bicycling, basketball, swimming, and skiing. Also a pin for skiing, 4 badges, and quite a few beads. He was thrilled.
It was neat seeing all the other awards given out to the Scouts. Henry enjoyed the evening.

2 comments:
Way to go Tiger Scout. Henry, I am very proud of you. All of the pins, belt loops, and beads are really cool, aren't they? Keep doing great in scouting.
Love, Uncle Jay
Congrats Henry, Way to work work hard.
Post a Comment