Each year Santa brings Henry and Alice a stuffed animal. This year, Alice got a black kitty with a white belly and white feet. Alice named her Saturn, although she mostly calls her Kitty.
Ever since Alice could speak, she's been asking for a pet. We have put her off saying "someday..." Recently, Alice convinced Dan that a kitty would be okay. I've never been a "cat person" as my family always had dogs (with one exception - a crazy Siamese we had when I was really young - hmmm... maybe that's why we only had dogs after that one cat).... I'm thinking if we do good with a cat, we can work our way up to a dog someday.
I really wanted to find a cat who was currently living with a family, a cat who was good with kids. Within 24 hours of making the decision that we should get a cat, we had found one! A friend of a friend was, with great remorse, giving away their cat, Purllie, due to allergies. Notice the similarity to Saturn? How did Santa know??
The current owner sent me photos of Purllie and her 2 daughters. Photos of the girls pushing Purllie around in a doll stroller. Photos of the cat dressed up in a hat and princess clothes. She told me stories of the cat snuggled up to the youngest daughter each night. That is the cat for us!
Alice wrote a card and drew a picture for the girls who are giving Purllie to us. It's Alice holding hands/paws with Purllie. The other items in the photo are a cat carrier, litter box, ball of string, and food/water bowls. Alice has this well thought out.
Alice and I made the big trip to the pet store today. So much to choose from.
Alice and I made the big trip to the pet store today. So much to choose from.
And now she's busy putting Saturn in the cat carrier, along with all the cat toys, and showing Saturn the food bowls and litter box. I hope Purllie is ready for all the love and attention that Alice has planned for her!
We will have her Monday night. Alice, Henry, and I are very excited. Dan is withholding his opinion, but is being a good sport about it.
1 comment:
Congrats on Purllie! She sounds like a honey. Post more photos when she arrives!
Post a Comment