Three years ago, a neighbor gave me a plant that she had to dig up from her yard to make way for some new landscaping. I planted it in our back yard and didn't think much about it. The next summer - nothing. Last summer - a few green leaves, but mostly it was just a couple of sticks. I thought about digging it up and throwing it away, but I didn't. Patience or laziness? I think it was actually laziness.
And this summer... my reward!
What an incredible smell. And hundreds of flowers.
This past week, my parents had snow in Wyoming. In Colorado, my friends had tornadoes and baseball-size hail. In Washington, the sun is shining and the gardens are thriving. Around here, you really can have a "green thumb." Even if you're lazy. And especially if you're patient.
2 comments:
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Momm
oh wow! I'm loving this sun! What difference in the yard....
Post a Comment