Monday, October 5, 2009

Girl Scouts

When I was 20 weeks pregnant with my first child, I had an ultrasound and the dr informed us that we were having a boy. I sobbed the entire way home. When Dan asked why I was so upset, I blubbered something about, "Because that means I don't get to do Girl Scouts...."

(Note: Henry was born and I quickly got over my whining as I realized that boys are a whole lot of fun too....)

But then along came our second child - a girl. All my dreams could come true! It took five and a half more years, but today was our very first Girl Scout meeting. Alice is a Daisy Girl Scout.
Alice has been friends with these seven girls for a long time. Some from MOMS Club, others from preschool or daycare, and others from the neighborhood. I'm so happy that they'll get to experience Girl Scouts together.
A lousy photo, but here we are. I'm the Troop Leader and my good friend, Tracy, is my Assistant Leader. We're going to have a great year with this amazing group of girls!

No comments: