
We have been watching and waiting for several days now. On Thursday I called Dan at work, all excited, and said, "The mama cow is having her baby really soon!" He asked if her tail was up in the air. I said it wasn't. He said, "Well, she's not having the baby really soon then." My husband, and all his ranching pearls of wisdom! And he was right. No baby that day. Or the next 2 days. But today, we looked before we went to the pond - no baby. We looked when we got back - baby! She was still wet and wobbly. And for those of you moms out there who remember the word "engorgement" - you can sympathize with this poor mama. Ouch!
Mama Cow is thinking "Thank God! Relief."
I just have to share this photo. The other day I sent Alice to look if there was a baby yet. She said, "No baby yet. But it's moved. It's in the mommy's neck." My girl needs a cow anatomy lesson. So does this calf. There's no milk there, you silly.
Welcome to the world, little calf! 
3 comments:
Is it weird that I am totally jealous of a Mama Cow right now? Really though I love all the baby animals in spring.
The ants, frogs, and owl pellet sounds neat. What kind of camera did you end up getting?
As usual, we love your blog. The baby calf is darling. Your blogs are always so much fun. Enjoy them.sl
Post a Comment