Monday, May 25, 2009

Our Memorial Day Hike

After living here almost 5 years, I'm still discovering new parks/lakes/waterfalls/trails to explore. I love this county! Today we went to Samish Lake.

We enjoyed the easy loop trail along the shoreline. Doesn't Henry look serious? Trust me - it's not what we experienced with him for our hike today! He was actually rather goofy. Alice thought it was great fun.
Our good friend, Kerry, went along with us. She's very tolerant of the kids. Through all their silliness, goofiness, and whining. It must be love! And they adore her. Alice tells me that Kerry and her husband are our "very most special friends ever."
There's a little bit of that goofy I was talking about.
After the hike along the shoreline, we took the more "strenuous" hike to the top of the hill, overlooking the lake. We zig zagged back and forth through the forest, crossing over a small scenic waterfall. The kids had to stop and explore each time we crossed the water.
NW Washington forests are so cool.
What a great way to spend Memorial Day!

No comments: