Alice and I were invited to play with friends today. Not long after arriving, Kim and I loaded up the three girls and took a nice little walk up to a corner cafe. Much to our delight, we unexpectedly met up with more friends. The kids had a great time together, enjoying hot chocolate, cookies, and eachother.
After a brisk walk back to Kim's house, Jenica, Kerry, and Alice played outside. Before we knew it, they had discovered a big swampy garden container of dirty water. Let the fun begin!
The girls got a little carried away. Kim consoled me by letting me know that "dirty kids are smart kids." Studies have been done. It's true. Exploring nature without limits and all that.
It must also be scientific fact that dirty kids are happy kids.
They definitely had a good time!
3 comments:
yeah, yeah, yeah. Alice is dirty. What I want, is an update on the mushrooms!
Update - last week for dinner: mushrooms in spaghetti sauce, mushrooms over steak, mushrooms in calzones. Dinner last night: scallops, shiitakes, red/yellow/orange peppers, full bottle of wine, in an alfredo sauce served over bowtie pasta. Lovely!
Seriously - the shiitake kit is done. Now it's resting 5-7 days and we're going to "shock" it to start it again at the end of the week. Should be able to do that 4 or 5 times. Yum..
Love this. I'm borrowing from you for my latest blog. :)
Post a Comment