Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Birthday Girl

"I had so much fun sleeping, I almost forgot it was my birthday. I'm really glad I woke up." - Alice, on her 6th birthday
After our fun-filled day at the tulip fields, Alice was ready to open presents. Her "most favorite present ever" was a make-up box filled with nail polish, lip gloss, blush, and eye shadow. Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa!
Yes, it's true. I wrap all our birthday gifts in Christmas wrapping paper. What can I say? The kids don't seem to mind.
Second only to the make-up? A Camelbak hydration backpack! Awesome. We're ready to hit the trails.
Alice learned to ride a bike on Henry's hand-me-down bike, Blue Thunder. She then graduated to his second bike, Red Lightning. She's been riding boy bikes her whole life. It was time for a bright pink girl bike. She was thrilled.
Alice's special request for her birthday cake was... "A chocolate cake with strawberries." This chocolate torte even had a strawberry filling layer. Wow. Yum. The best ever.
Taste tested. And approved by a happy six year old.

1 comment:

Uncle Jay said...

Alice my sweet. I can hardly believe that you are already six. Seems like only yesterday you were 5...oh, wait you were 5 only yesterday. Happy Birthday.

Love you,
Uncle Jay