While Alice is at Girl Scout camp, Henry has been playing with friends, swimming, riding his bike, shooting hoops, and doing a little Wii Big Game Hunting. Shooting the deer and elk seems okay. But the mountain lion and grizzly? Well, let's just say that you have to be right on target or they charge and the screen turns all red. Eeewwww... Good thing I'm from Wyoming and don't have a problem with hunting. Right? Right.
Meanwhile, Alice is loving camp! The other night, she told me: "This is the best thing I've done all summer. No, wait! It's the best thing I've done my whole entire life!" I'm so happy for her. Last night I was asked to write her a letter and seal it in an envelope. Today they are creating time capsules which won't be opened again for another 10 years. At that time, Alice will be able to reflect back on her first year at Girl Scout camp and remember how much fun she had this year. In the letter, I told her how proud I am as I watch her grow and learn, even when it sometimes means growing away from me and becoming more independent. I know she's going to continue to love Girl Scouts and become a girl filled with courage, confidence, and character.
That's what the kids are up to. And me? Now that I'm done volunteering at Girl Scout camp, I'm at home in the afternoons, crazy busy with raspberry jam, laundry, and packing for our upcoming trip to Alaska. Three more days and we're "North to Alaska!" Can't wait.
Meanwhile, Alice is loving camp! The other night, she told me: "This is the best thing I've done all summer. No, wait! It's the best thing I've done my whole entire life!" I'm so happy for her. Last night I was asked to write her a letter and seal it in an envelope. Today they are creating time capsules which won't be opened again for another 10 years. At that time, Alice will be able to reflect back on her first year at Girl Scout camp and remember how much fun she had this year. In the letter, I told her how proud I am as I watch her grow and learn, even when it sometimes means growing away from me and becoming more independent. I know she's going to continue to love Girl Scouts and become a girl filled with courage, confidence, and character.
That's what the kids are up to. And me? Now that I'm done volunteering at Girl Scout camp, I'm at home in the afternoons, crazy busy with raspberry jam, laundry, and packing for our upcoming trip to Alaska. Three more days and we're "North to Alaska!" Can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment