Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On Your Left!

Nice to be back in the land of the sun! Henry, Alice, their friend Merrick, and I loaded up the bikes and took a ride around Lake Padden.
We've been around this lake many, many times. In the beginning, it was me pushing a double jogger with both kids riding. Then I pushed a single jogger with Alice and Henry walked. Then I pushed a single jogger with Alice and Henry rode his bike. And then today... Alice's first ride around the lake! She did great.
The boys zoomed up ahead after my lecture on being courteous to people walking the trail, instructions on how to call out "On your left!" as you pass, directions to always take the low road when at a Y, and specifics on where to wait for us at the end. They did great together and even managed to get in some jumps on the side-trails, putting their mountain bikes to good use.
Biking is sweaty work.
A nice refreshing dip in the lake. No, not really! But we were tempted.

No comments: