Last night, both kids were very excited and it was an accomplishment to get them in bed by 10pm. Alice was out like a light. Henry... well, he was still awake at 11:30pm and managed to catch "Santa" in the act. Over the last few weeks, Henry has expressed some suspicions about the man in red. Now that he knows, I was glad to see that he took his big brother responsibilities seriously and didn't ruin the magic of Christmas for Alice. And, quite honestly, I don't know if that would have been possible. She's a believer!
At 4:33am, Dan, Henry, and I awoke to Alice's shrieks: "Santa was here! Santa was here! And he left me a chihuahua!"
Downstairs we went. Sure enough, Santa did leave her not just one, but two, chihuahuas.
Some Nerf guns, books, and a bike ramp for the boy.
Now Alice has some tunes to listen to as she hula hoops. She is an awesome hula hooper. I do believe she's a natural.
Henry blamed it on the wet sidewalks - he wiped out while riding his new scooter over the bike ramp and managed to scrape up his hip and leg. Oh well. That won't stop him from being back out there on his "pro" scooter later today.

No comments:
Post a Comment