Sunday, December 19, 2010

Friends

Between Book Club, Wine Club, Girls Weekend, and smaller get-togethers, the twelve of us manage to see eachother frequently throughout the year. However, it's special each time we're together.
We met when we were stay at home moms - when the time we spent together mostly centered around playdates for the children. Over the years, the children have grown, gone to different schools, found different interests. Many of them still see eachother from time to time, but typically not on a regular basis.

It would be easy for us moms to let our friendships do the same... Let life pull us as it may, and find our way back to eachother only a handful of times in a year. Each of us are busy with... life. It would be easy to put a monthly get-together aside, thinking, "I just don't have time this month. I'm exhausted from work, school, homework, basketball practice, ballet, Scouts, art lessons, band practice, skiing, karate, swimming lessons, violin, piano, 4-H, gymnastics, football practice, and everything else that comes from being a Super Mom. I'll just see my friends some other time."

But we don't do that. We work at cultivating our friendships. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we make our friendships a priority in our lives. We know that what we have is special and I don't think a single one of us takes that for granted. We're each grateful for the love and friendship we've found in one another. I know I am.

I love these women.

1 comment:

Jennifer M. said...

I think you guys are so awesome for making your friendships such a priority. It's not easy to make the time and you guys are amazing for doing it.