Notice anything new?
Yep. Ski poles. Alice tried them for the first time - she was happy and I was happy. No more mommy towing on the flat lands.
It was another good lesson where we learned a lot and were challenged. We didn't make it down Death Star. I was... let's say... startled... by a snowboarder and took a bad fall, hurting my knee. Our instructor took pity on me and kept it to the blue runs today. Thank goodness. We were challenged enough.
Both Alice and I improved on our parallel turns and hockey stops. A real noticeable improvement. These last two lessons have been very beneficial.
A member of the ski patrol stopped by and showed the kids what's in her backpack - fascinating stuff including bandages, scissors to cut off ski pants (that's what she said!) if a person has an injured leg, material to make a sling, whistles, and stuffies in case a kid needs some snuggling after a bad fall. It was pretty cool having her talk to the kids - they were all a little in awe.
Didn't see too much of Henry today. He was training for the upcoming race and kept to the "expert" ski hills. Other than a bad fall - where he lost a pole and both skis and hurt his back - he had a good day and ended the day with a smile. Not to worry... I knew he couldn't be hurt too bad when I caught a glimpse of him coming down the moguls in The Chute like it was no big deal. It's a good thing that kids heal quick. Now if that just held true for 40 year old mothers.




No comments:
Post a Comment