Thursday, March 31, 2011

Road Trip

We've been planning our big Road Trip for months.   Sure, we could have taken a plane and flown straight to Wyoming to see Grandma and Grandpa, but we would have missed out on a lot of fun.

Like awesome playgrounds in the middle of Eastern Washington.
We even took a little detour through Missoula to find the house where my Mom was raised.  I was pretty impressed that I found it!   It was smaller than I remembered but I do have such fond memories of visiting my Grandparents in Missoula.
And when we got to Bozeman, I took the kids on a little tour of the town where I went to graduate school which is also where Dan and I met and got engaged - I even showed the kids the couch I was sitting on in the Student Union Building when Dan asked me out on our first date as well as the park where he proposed.   Ahhh....  

Bozeman has seen amazing growth - it was like visiting an entirely different city.  I kept calling Dan on the phone and saying, "You wouldn't believe it!  X is gone.  Y is gone.   Z is gone.  And in it's place is ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW!"

But one thing was the same.   The first house that Dan and I ever lived in together, on Dickerson St.
We stayed at the C'mon Inn.  Cheesy name but fabulous hotel.  There were animals everywhere.  Very cool.

A beautiful bedroom with a balcony.
Five hot tubs.

And an awesome pool.

At the end of our trip, Henry stated that his favorite part of the entire vacation was the night we had at the C'mon Inn.

No comments: