This past winter as I was driving home from a long day skiing at Mt. Baker, I got the great idea that we should go camping with friends - and include everyone's family. I invited my eleven friends and they had some pretty good excuses for not wanting to camp such as moving out of the country, attending a training out of town, vacationing out of state, and more (note - those who said they "don't like to camp" - that's not a good excuse - next year, we're renting you a luxury RV!). But three of us signed up for Family Camp - Melinda, Kerry, and me - and we all had a blast. We decided it's the inaugural (first in a predicted series!) campout - with many more to come. As a matter of fact, I think there are already plans for same place, same time, next year. And, we have promises from several more friends who plan to join us next year!
Henry, Alice and I were very pleased with our campsite.
Crazy kid.
And, the other crazy kid.
Our adjoining campsites backed onto a beautiful meadow. The kids had fun playing games here.
After our monster big hike to Skyline Divide (http://fouronthego.blogspot.com/2011/08/skyline-divide-trail.html) on Saturday, we drove back to camp. The kids and I did a little pedal boating which was fun.
I love this photo of Alice! My pretty girl.
And, handsome boy.
We love camp! Friends, biking, boating, hiking, frisbee, ladder ball, smores and more.
Saturday night we roasted marshmallows and also enjoyed a Dutch oven creation of cherry chocolate cake. Yummm... smoky!
The kids were having a great time. It was dark and they had a full-on game of "werewolves and zombies" going on in the field beyond our campsite. Basically the boys were the werewolves and zombies, they scared the girls, and the girls screamed really loud. Good times!
Guyan.
And, Owen.
Wild boys. Or, should I say, the undead.
You can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends, and you can pick your husband's nose.
Mother/Daughter love.
Freckle. Such a good girl. She's the amazing clean wonderdog. Roll in mud, roll in dirt and grime, and she's sparkly clean ten minutes later. I don't know how she does it - must be that tongue.
Freckle. Such a good girl. She's the amazing clean wonderdog. Roll in mud, roll in dirt and grime, and she's sparkly clean ten minutes later. I don't know how she does it - must be that tongue.
Looking forward to the 2nd Annual Family Camp next summer! Mark your calendars now... Just think - if we all showed up, there would be 24 adults and 30 kids. We might have to reserve a group site.

















No comments:
Post a Comment