Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Is Here

It may be August, but I finally get to say it... summer is here!  Okay, so it's only mid to high 70s.   But there are blue skies and it feels like summer to us pale, cold Northwesterners.

On Monday, to celebrate the beautiful day, Alice and I headed to Birch Bay.
 We made sand castles at low tide.

 We ran up to the road when we heard the Good Humor Man go by to grab a snocone - then back to the beach to wiggle our toes in the hot sand and savor our flavored ice.

 Then today, we picked blueberries.   All the berries are late this year - I associate blueberry picking with July 4th - but they tasted just as good this year on August 2nd.
 
 We brought along Alice's new friend, Nicole.   Nicole's family moved in around the corner just recently and her family has been such a blessing for us - Henry loves to play with Nicole's older brother and Alice finally has a GIRL in the neighborhood to play with - yippeee!   A girl her own age!   Nicole is so cute and I love her expressions.  Me: "Nicole, do you want to go with us to pick blueberries?  I can call your mom and ask."  Nicole: "Oh yes, I'm sure she'll let me go.  There's literally nothing to do at my house.  Literally."  Eye roll.  

See?  She fits right in with my kids.  Them: "I'm bored.   There's nothing to do."  Me: "Go play with Conner and Nicole."

She's so cute!  And I'm so happy that Alice and her have hit it off.
All in all, it's been a very pleasant week so far.  I absolutely miss my boy, but have thoroughly enjoyed time with my girl.

No comments: