Alice and I are enjoying our time together since she returned from camp. Yesterday, we were in the Old Settler's Parade and rode on the Girl Scout float. It was a lot of fun and our float took the Grand Prize for Spirit. We were awarded a HUGE trophy - it was quite impressive.
Other than that, we're kind of taking it slow - did some gardening, watched a movie, read some books.
Today, in spite of the dreary weather, we loaded up the bikes and drove to Hertz Trail on North Lake Whatcom. It's a great trail for biking - about 6 miles roundtrip - and we enjoyed a very nice picnic at this turnout.
It was kind of quiet when it was just Henry and me. And now it's kind of quiet with just Alice and me. I'm still convinced that Alice is the noisiest one, but together they equal about five kids. I guess I should appreciate these days when I can hang out with just one kid - nice and quiet.


No comments:
Post a Comment