Sunday, July 24, 2011

Confidence

 Alice is a girl of courage, confidence, and character... she's a Girl Scout, afterall.   But mostly, she's a girl of confidence.   If there's one sentence which typifies my girl, it has to be: "I'll do it myself."  Not only is she independent, but she's confident in her abilities.

This has been a big year for her!   She went on a zipline, horseback riding on a huge horse, went down the big slides at the wave pool for the first time, and now she's at a week-long overnight camp.   All with no fear.
 I always knew she would be fine at camp.   But that didn't make it any easier to say goodbye to her today.   Before she left, I gave her a necklace - one side has the Girl Scout symbol and the other side simply says "Confidence."   I'm so proud of her.    And I can't wait to scoop her up in my arms when I pick her up this Friday and hear all about her fantastic adventure at Girl Scout camp.

No comments: