Friday, July 15, 2011

Girl Scout Twilight Camp

This week was Girl Scout Twilight Camp at Hovander.  After having a fantastic time last year, I was very excited to volunteer again and spend time with the Girl Scouts.   But guess who I got to work with... the boys!

 Boys, boys, boys.  The tagalongs (older brothers) needed some assistance, so rather than working with girls as I had hoped, I was assigned to the boys.   Oh well, at least one of those boys was my boy, which made it worth it.   Henry thought it was.... okay, although not nearly as fun as Cub Scout Camp.  He did get to canoe at Tennant Lake which he thought was great, and they made edible campfires.   Food is always a bonus when it comes to boys.
I sure missed working with the girls.  Alice was in the Fabulous Fairies unit and she had a blast.
 She reported that it was even more fun than last year, which she didn't know was even possible.  They did experiments about erosion, discovered the differences between clouds, played games, sang songs at the singing tree, participated in a flag raising ceremony,  made their own dinner (box oven pizzas, fire salad, and dirt in a bag), purchased items at a Renaissance Faire, made new friends, and came home sprinkled in fairy dust every single night.
 Some of the girls from our troop were at camp with Alice this year which was a lot of fun.
 Alice, with one of her camp leaders, Artemis.
 Another great Girl Scout Twilight Camp!

No comments: