Friday, July 29, 2011

Puddle Jump

Alice returns from Girl Scout camp today, and Henry leaves to go to San Juan Island.   But he won't go by car and not by ferry.   By plane....
He will be joining his friend Merrick and Merrick's family - they're already on the island.  There was no good way to get Henry over there until we stumbled upon the idea of flying.   It's a short flight - 20 to 30 minutes - but it's his first time flying by himself and his first time flying in a little puddle jumper.  The airline has a 6 seater and a 3 seater - the pilot we talked to said he thought they'd take the 3 seater today.  I'll be calling Merrick's mom exactly 30 minutes after the plane takes off, with hopes of hearing my boy's voice, safe and sound on the ground.   

Henry is so excited about the flight that he even told me it will be the highlight of the trip - and that's saying something - he loves his San Juan vacations with Merrick.

I'm sure that Alice had a great time at camp this week.   I drive down this afternoon to pick her up and I can't wait for a great big grizzly bear hug from my girl.   Followed by Henry's happy, excited voice on the phone.

No comments: