Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Swimming Days

It's summertime (sort of - I'm wearing sweat pants, a sweatshirt, and drinking hot tea right now) and the kids are enjoying their outdoor swimming lessons.   Alice is doing great and is focusing on her breathing.
 And as far as going off the diving board?  She's fearless.  Run and jump.  Next week, they'll force the kids to actually dive and work on their "diving form" - but this week is completely freestyle with a focus on pull touch back to the edge of the pool once they jump in.
 Henry can... dare I say... swim.  It was great to watch him today.  He was really swimming.  With form.  With style.   And a little finesse.
 He's been able to "swim" for a couple years - but he's been a very sloppy swimmer.   Not anymore.
 They worked on their diving form.

 But of course, his favorite part was the freestyle jump at the end of the lesson.
It's great to see them both enjoying it so much.


1 comment:

Leslie Parks said...

I absolutely love swim lessons here. I'm still wearing long sleeves and it just hasn't felt like summer yet.