Saturday, August 27, 2011

PRCA Rodeo!

Cowboy up!  It's time for the rodeo!
It's been more than just a few years since I was last at a rodeo.   I've been to some pretty big ones - the National Western Stockshow in Denver and Cheyenne Frontier Days (it's the Granddaddy of 'em all, ya know!).  But somehow, the years have slipped away and we have never taken the kids to a real rodeo.  And that brings us up to this week and the Lynden Rodeo.   I was so excited when I stumbled upon the idea and bought our tickets right away.

It was a perfect night for a rodeo, with Mt Baker in the background.
Telephoto.   It really was a lovely night.
We arrived early and had awesome seats.   But I didn't manage to get one good photo.  Before long, I gave up and just enjoyed the show!

There was bareback riding, tie down calf roping, steer wrestling, saddle bronc riding (with three contestants from Wyoming!), mutton bustin' (Alice's favorite), team steer roping, girls barrel racing (absolutely my favorite - wow! they were fast), and bull riding.
Such good, clean family fun.  All four of us had a great evening together!

1 comment:

Crystal in Lynden said...

I have a sweet, black Risistol (sp) hat to go with those boots! You let me know if you ever want to borrow it. :-)