It's nearing the end of the boating season and even though Alice and I had literally just walked in the door from camping, when Dan said we were going boating with our friend Erin and her boys, Alice and I couldn't say no. Oh, and the fact that Alice still has on her boot cast didn't stop us either.
The boys had a ton of fun jumping in the lake and swimming.
This was probably the hardest part for Alice - she really wanted to jump in and swim too. But she was a good sport and we all had fun watching Henry, Kyle, Cody, and Baker.
The four boys didn't waste much time swimming. They were there to tube - and that's when all the trash talk began. You'd think these four boys were just a tiny bit competitive or something.
"Oh, yeah? Well, watch this!"
"In your face, dude!"
I love the look on Cody's face.
Wasn't long after this that Henry and Kyle flew into the air, tipped sideways, and both of them fell off and slammed into the water. The side of Henry's face was pretty beat up, Kyle's ankle was sore, and the two of them decided to take a breather in the boat. Smart move.
It was great fun to watch Cody and Baker. Cody's legs were cracking me up - they were flipping this way and that. And, Cody invented a new game on the tubes called the "foot shove."
Henry, Cody, Baker, and Kyle.
Henry and Cody.
And, Alice... It was tough watching the boys and not participating.

And, it was mighty hot in that boot. So... we took it off for about 10 minutes and let her sit on the step. She was so good about not moving her foot/ankle and appreciated just getting a little wet. Alice was a good sport today!

And, it was mighty hot in that boot. So... we took it off for about 10 minutes and let her sit on the step. She was so good about not moving her foot/ankle and appreciated just getting a little wet. Alice was a good sport today!
And, because I had to get in the water to help Alice, and I was already wet... well, seemed like I should take a turn on the tubes too. With Baker. The grand champion of NEVER getting thrown off the tubes. The most athletic 12 year old known to man. The kid who was "born ready." Yep, that's who I was up against. "Hey, Baker? You're goin' down!"
Woo hoo!
Show off.
"Take this!"
And it was just about this time when I VOLUNTARILY decided to let go. I didn't want Baker to go home with a hurt ego or anything.
My ride was so good, it even inspired Erin to get out there. She had a blast!
And she was up against Baker and Cody! "Be nice boys... or else."
Look what we have here... I do believe that Cody was in the water takin' a little swim.
Happy day!
"Go, Erin, go!"
Oooh.. it appears that we have Erin on a tube and the boys are nowhere to be seen.. Hee, hee.
Kyle had a style all his own - I don't know how this boy managed to stay up on his elbows, but he did, and for a really long time.
Henry has the wake all figured out. All you have to do is lean...
Henry and Baker, apparently deep in conversation. I'm sure it was trash talk.
What a great day! So glad Erin and the boys joined us.
The boys..

It was a fun day, had by all. Even for the girl with the broken ankle!




























1 comment:
sounds like an awesome day on the lake. it's hard to watch way to be a good sport Alice!
Post a Comment