Saturday, September 24, 2011

Skipping Stones

When we looked at the weather forecast and discovered that the next 10 days after today are predicted to be rainy, cold, and well, Fall-like.... it seemed like we just had to get out on the lake one last time before putting the boat away for the season.
We were joined by our friends Cindy and Dave, and their son, Tyler.
At Alice's doctor appointment yesterday, we received bad news and good news.   Bad news - she's not ready to have the walking boot off completely.  Good news - she's doing really great, but needs to do some more exercises with her ankle/foot, try to take a few steps on it each day, and spend some time out of the boot to strengthen her ankle.   So - swimming was a great idea for her!  She could get in the water and move her foot around as much as she wanted to.  And, she was happy.
Jumping off the front of the boat is always a big deal.
After playing in the water for awhile, it was time to pump up the tubes.
Henry and Tyler.   They were a good, even match for one another.
I had so much fun last time, that I had to do it again.
And... I talked Cindy into joining me!
Yep, it's true.  Moms rock.
 So much nicer to get out of that boot every now and then!
Boys and water guns.
Boys shooting water guns at a girl.  And the girl got them back.
Cindy was quite taken with tubing and was more than ready for another spin with her boy.

Some of our friends might be a little surprised... but here's proof.   Our Cindy was totally into this.

My happy girl.
Henry did a little flying.  After going over the wake, it was like skipping stones.  Skip, skip, skip!  

This is our third season boating and we've been out on the lake... a lot.   And, never - not ever - have we had such calm water.   It was just perfect.
I'm including these next two photos to demonstrate what I mean.  Over the wake, skip, skip, skip, and glide... 
Outside the wake... so smooth!
It was a fantastic day to end our 2011 boating season.  I hope we see more smooth, calm waters next summer.

No comments: