We have a mole problem.
A really big mole problem. In the front yard alone, we have 13 mounds of dirt, just in the last 24 hours. I clean up the dirt and new dirt mounds appear, just like that.
Seeing as it's so close to Halloween, this morning I had an idea... Instead of fighting the mole dirt mounds, why not embrace them, make them a part of our landscape, a part of our holiday decorations!? So, we made cross grave markers.
Alice loves to paint so she was totally on board with this project.
The colors are a little unconventional, but - we made do with what we had. It was fun writing R.I.P. on the grave markers and then we hammered them in, all around the front yard. Each pound of the hammer was my wish for a dead mole.
This was Alice's idea. If you've seen the movie, Rango, you'll know what this is about...
And while I'm showing our yard decorations for Halloween, might as well sneak in our pumpkins. They turned out great this year! Henry has the scary ghost coming out of the coffin, Alice has the two spooky ghosts, and I have the throwing up pumpkin with the rat coming out of his eye.
I just love throwing up pumpkins.









2 comments:
LOL! Great idea on the mole hills!
When life gives you lemons...or molehills... Great idea! Looks like your pumpkin had a few too many Moscow Mules.
Post a Comment