Last year, I realized that one of my neurosis had passed on to my little girl - the fear of being late. She was completely freaked out about getting to the bus on time each morning and I caught on pretty fast that I needed to keep my own issues in check around her or she'd develop a serious anxiety disorder. So now we're rather laid back in the morning - relatively speaking - and I assure her that if we miss the bus, the school is on my way to work and it's no big deal for me to drop her off. Never had to do this (because damnit, we're gonna be on time! Joking! Joking!) but it is an option.
Well, this morning I discovered another of my little quirks has been passed on to Alice. But this one - I think this is a good thing. This is totally a positive! My little girl knows how to plan. I'm so proud (let me wipe that tear from my eye).
Unbeknownst to me, last night she wrote out her little list of things to do this morning. She showed it to me this morning and as she went about her routine, she checked each one off. Ahh.. that satisfying "check!" I might have to get her her very own little Daytimer or Palm or iPad with a Tasks app.
So proud.

2 comments:
Love it!
OH. MY. GOD. And to think I thought she was nothing like you because she keeps her room kinda messy...I was wrong. So wrong.
Now teach her how to use a spreadsheet.
And by the time she'll need a task manager, it'll be a chip implanted in her head. What did we ever do without our planners?
Post a Comment