Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Being A Leader

This past Fall, I was honored to watch my son lead the flag ceremony for his school's Veteran's Day assembly.   And then today, I had the privilege of watching my daughter read part of a poem for her school's Martin Luther King assembly.  There were four children from her class chosen to be readers - they were asked if they would be willing to read in front of the entire school and Alice accepted.  She practiced her lines over the last week and was very excited for today.  I am so proud of my children and their leadership skills.

Following the poem, all of the 2nd grade classes sang two songs - Sing About Martin and We Shall Overcome.   Displayed in the gym was this amazing mural, created by Alice's class and one of the 5th grade classes. 
I'm glad Henry and Alice have the opportunity to be part of such a great school.

No comments: