After an unsuccessful three months with a "permanent" retainer which kept falling out, Alice now has a removable retainer. A few weeks ago, we went in for the mold and while I sat in the waiting room, she got to pick the design of the retainer. She told me that she chose a strawberry retainer but I don't think I had a full understanding. I was picturing a clear or maybe light pink retainer, with maybe a cute little impression of a strawberry on it.
Oh, no! It's a full strawberry. Or, a bad case of strep throat.
It makes her talk funny, she has a ton of spit in her mouth, and it's probably not all that comfortable - but man, she loves it. She's so happy with her new strawberry retainer. Those dental applicance manufacturers sure know about the psyche of little girls. Hoping for better success with this one and eventually a wider palate and straighter teeth.


1 comment:
I remember having one that I wanted in the colors of the Italian flag. It was striped Red, Green, White. I finally threw it away when we moved out here in August. I hadn't worn it in probably 10+ years but still had in my bathroom cabinet as a constant reminder that I should be........
Post a Comment