Sunday, January 8, 2012

Solo

Mt Baker continues to amaze us with snow.  We now have the 3rd deepest snowpack in North America, and the deepest south of Alaska.  Wow.

Today was a big day for Alice.  And me.  She began ski lessons... without me.  On her own.   Solo.  Well, not really solo - with four other kids and an instructor named Michael who looked totally trustworthy, competent, and kind.   But I had to leave my baby at pole 10 and just ski away, leaving her in the care of Michael whom I had met just moments ago.   Sigh...  I really miss last year when we always skied together.  I think this might have been even tougher than leaving her for her first day of kindergarten.
Dan was busy holding a parent meeting for Race Team parents so I skied solo.   It was okay.  I was trying to enjoy it for what it was - a peaceful journey on the chair and a ride down any run that struck my fancy.  Instead, I just missed Alice.   Might take some getting used to.

She returned from her lesson happy and confident.  She had a great time and is looking forward to the remainder of the season with her new team.

Henry had another terrific day with the Race Team.   Today was the distribution of the team jackets.  Woo hoo.   Love the jackets!

1 comment:

Crystal in Lynden said...

Sweet jacket! Bitter sweet for you. If you ever get stuck skiing solo again, let me know. Hubby told me to find some friends to go skiing with. :-)