In short, our life over the last two months has consisted of basketball, Girl Scouts, basketball, Cub Scouts, basketball, skiing, basketball, school, work. Repeat. I love basketball season but there's a quiet "hoorah!" in my mind on the last day. Running two kids to a total of five evening practices per week and two games per week (in between the aforementioned Scouts, skiing, school, and work) is a lot.
It is bittersweet though - I will miss the basketball families. The moms and dads who sit through practice after practice with me and the kids with such passion for the game that they catch us all up in their enthusiasm. My hands hurt from clapping, my feet hurt from stomping, and my throat hurts from cheering my heart out at each game. I love basketball season. But it's okay that it's over.
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

1 comment:
I'm in the same boat as you with blogging. I've never gone this amount of time without posting but when to find the time.
Post a Comment