We were quite lazy. Alice and I lounged on a blanket and enjoyed our lunch while Henry threw rocks.
After lunch, we strolled along the shore. Henry found some cool sand - we do believe it was quick-sand! What happened to his feet?
He's free!
These rocks had some neat sea anemones and barnacles. This photo was right after Alice slipped on a rock with slippery sea weed and landed in the water. She was so surprised that she forgot to cry and actually started laughing. We had several people come over and tell her how brave she was. The poor little girl was soaked and cold - but she had a great attitude. So now I know why I always carry an extra set of clothes in the car!
Back to town to pick raspberries. They're huge! As big as a strawberry and super sweet. It's too bad they didn't weigh us before we went out picking and then again when we were done - I'm sure we each ate a pound or two while we picked. Already have fresh jars of jam sitting on my counter tonight. However, there are a lot more raspberries waiting in the fridge. Hmmm.. I think some raspberry cobbler might be in our future.
2 comments:
What a great idea! Looks like you guys had fun. I haven't been there in a while. Maybe I will drag Oma there next...
:)
OMG 2 cool sis!
Post a Comment