Friday, July 10, 2009

Twilight Camp

While Alice enjoyed Nature Day Camp this week, Henry had a great time at Cub Scout Twilight Camp. Every evening, Dan, Henry, and a whole bunch of boys (I don't want to know the numbers!) went to camp to learn about Scouts, shoot BB guns and bow and arrows, build stuff, and conduct science experiments. They came home exhausted each night.
Our Wolf Cub!
Safety glasses made building stuff look extra cool.
Obstacle courses used up some of that boy energy.

Friends made camp even better.
Tonight Alice and I got to join the boys for Family Night. We enjoyed a family picnic and then Henry got to show us all the cool stuff they did this week. He wanted to show us the BB gun range and the archery exhibit - but those lines were quite long. However, he had just as much fun showing us the obstacle course. His fastest time through was 25 seconds.

I'm glad he had such a great time at Twilight Camp! Even if he did come away sweaty, dirty, and tired.

1 comment:

Uncle Jay said...

Awesome, I can't wait to hear more about scout camp. I know Evan and Zane sure had a great time at scout camp here. I bet you will all have a lot to talk about in Sedona.