There's nothing like a two year old to make you slow down and appreciate all the wonders around you.
Alice and I joined up with a bunch of other moms and kids for a hike through the forest. However, we quickly discovered that when you're out with a bunch of two year olds, you slow down to a meander. One second, they're racing up ahead and you're coaxing them to play "red light, green light" and the next second, they're peering in logs, looking for salamanders.
Alice and I joined up with a bunch of other moms and kids for a hike through the forest. However, we quickly discovered that when you're out with a bunch of two year olds, you slow down to a meander. One second, they're racing up ahead and you're coaxing them to play "red light, green light" and the next second, they're peering in logs, looking for salamanders.
And, two of their mothers are nature enthusiasts, so we got to see some other cool stuff. Including slug poop. Seriously. Alice and I counted 58 slugs on the meander, but without the boys and one of the moms, we would have walked right on by the slug poop.
Alice and I will have to remember to slow down and smell the... well, not the skunk cabbage... but maybe the flowers, on our future hikes.


No comments:
Post a Comment