Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Hike And A Sandy Beach

It happens every year - my frenzy to pack in all the activities I possibly can just before school starts. Truly, we stay busy most of the summer with field trips and activities, but when it gets down to those last two weeks of summer... I tend to go into overdrive!

Today, we hit the trail for a hike through a lovely forest.
Alice brought along her friend, Addie, and the three kids had a great hike.
Okay. This melted my heart.
These two are so cute. When they're together, they giggle and sing and skip.
After a three mile hike, we were all a little hot and sweaty. So, off to the beach... I was surprised that the first thing they did was dig into the sand rather than splash into the water. That's what I did!
They dug a huge hole in the sand and then filled it with water.
Digging in the sand and adding buckets of water to a hole entertained them for quite some time.
Such a fun afternoon!

No comments: