Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Miscellaneous Dinner Conversation

Out of the blue, tonight at dinner Henry asked me:
"You know on Survivor? They eat rice and coconuts but they're always hungry. Why don't they just kill a monkey? They could throw a coconut and kill it. Or they could knock it out of a tree and shish kabab it."

Just think what that would do for ratings!

During the same dinner, I explained to Henry and Alice that Washington state law is that a child has to be 10 to care for a younger sibling, and 12 to care for someone younger who isn't a sibling. Henry asked, "What age do you have to be to stay by yourself?" I said, "There isn't a specific age." He thought about it a minute and then asked, "Is there a specific weight?"

Other funny things that the kids have said the last couple of weeks:

The kids and I were talking about 2-D and 3-D. I explained that 2-D is two dimensional (horizontal, vertical) like a piece of paper and 3-D is three dimensional (horizontal, vertical, with depth) like "Life is 3-D. You know, like me, I'm 3-D." Alice then said, "No, you're not. You're forty (4-D)."

At the grocery store with Henry, Alice, and their friend Merrick... The boys were discussing which 12-pack of lemonade they should get - the light or the regular. Henry grabbed the light lemonade and Merrick said, "No, don't get the light. We should get the heavy. The heavy tastes a lot better."

No comments: