Saturday, June 4, 2011

Brandywine, Take Two

A broken gondola changed our Saturday plans and we ended up going back to Brandywine Falls with family for a second time.
We wanted to share the beautiful area with my parents and brother's family, but we had one other reason... railroad tracks.   On the first day, the kids and I hiked to Brandywine Falls and crossed these tracks.   I told the kids about how Jay and I used to lay pennies on the tracks and wait for a train to flatten them - of course, we had to do the same.   We left three pennies and planned to stop back by to see if they were flattened.

But alas... they were just knocked to the side.   Darn it.   Oh well, made for a good family photo - that is, if Zane wouldn't have covered his face.   The challenge was on!   Zane - 1.   Aunt Michelle - 0.
I do believe I got an almost full-face shot of the boy!    Zane - 1.   Aunt Michelle - 1.
Evan is at that age when he can hang with the cousins and play just as hard as anyone else, or he can hang with the adults and have an in-depth conversation on geology.  I love that boy.   Fun seeing him talk to my Dad.
And this goofy boy?  Ahh... he's still all about the fun.   As he should be.
But when Uncle Gary gets in on the action, it's always about the fun.  The kids adore him.
Another view of Daisy Lake on a blue sky day.
My big brother and me.   We're so fortunate to have these special family vacations.
Jay and our Mom.
So.... Zane?   A profile shot.   Does that count?   I guess I'll give it to you... Zane - 2.   Aunt Michelle - 1.
And, the resident Brandywine Falls black bear made another appearance.   There are 70 to 80 black bears around Whistler.   When the roads were changed for the Olympics, they planted clover on the side.. and guess who loves clover?

No comments: