Friday, June 3, 2011

Nairn

The rain moved on and it was time for a family hike.  The twelve of us loaded up and drove north to Nairn Falls.
And this sign wasn't kidding.   It was a narrow trail with a steep drop-off.  I kept a close eye on this one.
Even though we all started out, it was quickly apparent that the trail was a little more than the grandparents were up for.   They headed back to the cars while the rest of us went on.
And the reward at the end of the trail?  Wow!  A raging, loud, beautiful waterfall.
Elise and Evan.
Gary and Jay.  Brothers From Another Mother.
Me, with Evan, Henry, and Alice.  So glad I got to experience this beautiful area with these great kids.
And Zane?  Hmmm... I do believe this was the last photo he let me take of his darling face.  He challenged me that I couldn't get another photo of him and he knows that I love a challenge.  But I didn't know how much he loves a challenge....

No comments: