Saturday, August 15, 2009

Exhaustion

The stamina of kids is an amazing thing. Typically, they go and go and just keep right on going. The parents are exhausted just watching them!

Alice and I went up to Canada today to attend a friend's birthday party at the zoo. The girls had fun exploring the zoo, taking a train ride, and observing the lion feeding which is always a highlight of a trip to the zoo.

Lauren, the birthday girl, Jenica, and Alice. When Jenica, her sister, her mom, Alice, and I returned home, the girls decided they wanted to have a playdate. The previous 4 hours at the zoo wasn't good enough. So they ran and played and dressed-up and and ran and played some more. Kim and I sat on the couch and complained about how tired we were.

Meanwhile, Dan and Henry attended the annual Cub Scout summer get-together at the water slide park. I think they had a good time. I'm not sure. They returned home tonight after 8 1/2 hours and they were completely wiped out. Henry's knee was hurt, Dan's elbow. Both complained of aches and pains and a little bit of sunburn. And pure exhaustion. Henry could barely put on his PJs. It was an act of sheer will to coax him to the bathroom to brush his teeth. I couldn't believe my eyes - Henry was worn out. Dan? Sure, I would expect that. But Henry? It must have been a long day at the water park. I gave Henry some ibuprofen and tucked him into bed.

But the great part is... I'm sure he'll be bursting with a whole new round of energy tomorrow.

No comments: