Sunday, August 23, 2009

She'd Rather Be Forty

My good friend Cecile received a coffee mug on her 40th birthday stating, "I'd rather be forty than pregnant." Then, at 40+ she was pregnant! But that's another story... Since then, the mug has made the rounds whenever one of our friends hits that milestone birthday.

Kim turned 40 this week. We all got together for "Kimfest" - a huge bonfire, drinks, laughing, camping out in tents in her backyard, and staying up way too late (I do believe my watch said 2:45am when the last person settled into her sleeping bag). It was a blast. Happy Birthday, Kim!

In our group of friends, I'm next in line to receive the mug. But that's a long, long time from now. Really. A long, long time.

1 comment:

Kim C. said...

Lovely. That forehead of mine begs to have the space sold to Microsoft or Coke...