Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sounds Like Lou Gramm, Looks Like Steven Tyler

Many, many moons ago... I went to my first rock concert in Casper, Wyoming to see Foreigner. It was amazing and I loved it.

25 years later, I found myself at a county fair in Washington, singing along with Foreigner, once again. “Feels Like The First Time,” “Cold As Ice,” “Urgent,” “Juke Box Hero,” “Waiting For A Girl Like You,” “Hot Blooded.” Does it get any better than that?

Well, maybe it would have been better if it was the original Foreigner. I believe only one original band member was present (does that make them a "cover band?"). The lead singer, Lou Gramm, was replaced by a guy named Kelly Hansen who has the uncanny ability to sound like Lou Gramm... and look like Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. An odd combination. But the songs sounded almost as awesome as they did all those years ago.

The four of us had a great time. And I think my voice is going to be a little hoarse in the morning.

No comments: